One of the staples that finds its way onto my weekly meal plan rotation is anything that has to do with tacos. Whether it’s Taco Tuesday, high carb, or low carb, this versatile way to make chicken tacos can fit on any day of the week!
For high carb day, enjoy with some corn tortillas, black beans, and spanish rice! Or for low carb make it a Fiesta Salad and omit the tortillas! I love to mix primal kitchen ranch and salsa together for a nice creamy dressing with a mexican twist!
1 lb. boneless skinless
18 mini corn tortillas (street
1 package taco Seasoning
(macros may vary)
16-oz jar of salsa
3/4 C. white onion, chopped
2 fresh jalapenos, chopped
(optional as garnish)
6 T. queso fresco crumbles
1. Spray crock pot with non-stick spray or use disposable crockpot liner for easy cleanup.
2. Season both sides of breasts liberally with taco seasoning.
3. In crock pot, coat bottom w/ half jar of salsa, then lay chicken breast side-by-side & top
with remaining salsa in jar. Cover & cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until chicken is no longer
pink, but still juicy.
4. Remove chicken breast, shred meat, then return to crock pot & mix well. Leave on
warm until ready to serve.
5. Warm tortillas on stove top or in oven, then spoon 2.5-3 oz. of chicken across 3 tortillas
6. Garnish with onion & cilantro, and if desired, queso fresco & jalapeno.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. You're information will not be shared, We hate spam too!